Mad as hell, President Donald Trump shook the agendas of Mainstream Media and fake news purveyors Saturday with a 4:02 a.m. tweet that went out to 71 million Americans. The lesson not yet learned by the Left is that Trump is a fighter and will push hard against biased reporting and customary Washington D.C. political corruption.
“How low has President Obama gone to tap my phones during the very sacred election process,” Trump tweeted. “This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”
Today White House Secretary Sean Spicer issued a statement that “Reports concerning potentially politically motivated investigations immediately ahead of the 2016 election are very troubling.
President Donald J. Trump is requesting that as part of their investigation into Russian activity, the congressional intelligence committees exercise their oversight authority to determine whether executive branch investigative powers were abused in 2016.”
Here are ten things you need to know about this explosive news:
Later he tweeted, ““Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my “wires tapped” in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!”
- He followed with, “Is it legal for a sitting President to be “wire tapping” a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!”
- Again, he tweeted, “I’d bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!”
- Journalist Louise Mensch reported that “sources with links to the counter-intelligence community” confirmed that the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) gave the okay for a warrant to listen in to activities within the Trump Tower.
- It has been verified that the White House filed a FISA request to monitor communication with Trump and some of his advisors. That request was denied, according to Mensch.
- Through his spokesperson Kevin Lewis, a carefully crafted denial was crafted, “A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice. As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false.”
- Lewis did not deny that another federal agency could have sought authorization to wiretap the Trump Towers prior to the election.
- “Who was it that secretly said to Russian President, “Tell Vladimir that after the election I’ll have more flexibility?” Trump tweeted this morning.
- “What we have seen from the previous administration is they did spend time listening to conversations between then Senator Jeff Sessions and the ambassador (Sergey Kislyak) to Russia while he was in his U.S. Senate office,” former Trump campaign manager Lewandowski said on Fox News’ ‘Justice with Judge Jeanine. Saturday night. “If that were to take place – which supposedly did take place – what other conversations are they listening in on.”
- “And they were monitoring who (Sessions) was having a conversation with from what I understand,” Lewandowski said. “If that is the case, that is very concerning. Is it possible that the previous administration was listening to the conversations that took place in Trump Tower from their political opponents? If that is the case, and what Donald Trump alludes to is accurate, then that’s very disturbing.”